SONOMA PETALUMA PARKS, Inc. (SPParks), formerly known as Sonoma/Petaluma State Historic Parks Association, is a non-profit organization incorporated in June 1982 as a cooperating association of the California State Park Association.
To further the preservation and interpretive and educational functions of the Sonoma and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Parks.
- Funds docent training and enrichment
- Funds park staff attendance at seminars and workshops
- Underwrites the many community events at each of the park venues
- Initiated a plan and raised funds for the phased repair of the walls of the Petaluma Adobe, a multi-year effort
- Funded a water clarification system for the pond at the Vallejo Home
- Funded an audio system for the Mission Chapel and a flat-screen TV display for the Barracks
- Sponsors concerts, lectures, and theater performances at the parks
- Participates in community events such as the July 4 parade
- Promotes our parks’ interests before local and state governments